One of the most wished for items or gifts this Christmas are digital cameras. And why not, when the digital cameras today are sleek, stylish gadgets that will allow someone to capture moments in time and keep them forever? If you’re thinking of getting someone this special gift, then you better do some research first. Below is a list of the Top 10 Digital cameras – Christmas gifts for 2008. Hopefully it will help you crop your choices when buying a digital camera as a gift. Good luck!
1. Canon PowerShot A590IS 8MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom – this beauty right here can capture images with such detail that they can be used in making 16×22 inch prints. The 8MP CCD is one of the best in the market. Add to that a 4x optical zoom with Image Stability, Face Detection Mode, and an Easy Mode for beginners, and you’ve got a great digital camera for a perfect Christmas gift.
2. Canon PowerShot SD1100IS 8MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Blue) – another 8MP digital camera from Canon, this one comes in a stylish blue color. The same features are present, with the additional Motion Detection technology to reduce blur. Another great addition from Canon.
3. Canon PowerShot SD790IS 10MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom – the beauty of this digital camera comes with the fact that it is perfectly designed. But beauty is not all that it has. Its astounding 10MP CCD can capture images for poster prints, and it has Face Detection, Motion Detection, and Image Stabilizer technologies to boot.
4. Canon PowerShot SD1100IS 8MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Silver) – the fourth placer in the list of the Top 10 Digital mirrorless camera for sale cameras – christmas gifts for 2008 is another Canon digital camera. It’s the same SD1100IS digital camera but it comes in a silver color which would appeal to your friend who likes the sleek, silver design. All the features are unchanged, of course.
5. Canon Digital Rebel XSi 12.2 MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (Black) – this digital SLR camera is perfect for those friends of yours who are serious about their photography, but at the same time, wants the ease of use of a digital camera. Equipped with a 12.2 CMOS sensor, a huge 3.0 Inch LCD display, and powerful lenses, this digital SLR camera is the perfect choice.
6. Kodak EasyShare C713 7MP Digital Camera (Pink) -Kodak’s offering is at number 6 in this list of the Top 10 Digital cameras – christmas gifts for 2008 . This digital camera is definitely an eye-catcher with its pink design. However, it’s not just all looks for this one. It also comes with a 7MP resolution and a 3x optical zoom. It can also take VGA videos with audio. It’s a fun, stylish camera for your fun and stylish friend!
7. Canon Powershot SX10IS 10MP Digital Camera with 20x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom – the 10.0 MP resolution alone is great. Add to that a 20x Optical Zoom with Image Stabilizer and a movie mode, and you’ve got a great multi-purpose camera for your loved one.
8. Canon PowerShot SD880IS 10MP Digital Camera with 4x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Silver) – Canon proves itself as the leader in the digital camera range once again. This time, it’s this 10 MP beauty with Image Stabilization and Face Detection that has garnered a spot in our list. It’s a great point and shoot camera with a lot of special features that would make your friend fall in love with it.
9. Canon PowerShot SD1100IS 8MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Pink) – this pink version of the SD1100IS digital camera is great for the sophisticated ladies. It’s classy, it’s elegant, and most of all, it doesn’t lack in any of the features that all the other Canon SD1100IS digital cameras have. In one word, it’s perfection.
10. Canon PowerShot SD770IS 10MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Silver) – the last in our list of the Top 10 Digital cameras – christmas gifts for 2008 is another Canon camera. You could never go wrong with this one. It has everything that the higher versions have (SD1100IS and SD880IS, for example) except that it doesn’t have the Wide Angle option. Still, it’s a great camera for your friend or family who’s just starting to love photography!